ABOUT KRAV MAGA
Hi, my name is Aaron Moore and I’m the head instructor for Krav Maga Global in Auckland.
I lived in UK for a long time an discovered Krav Maga by accident when back in 2003 my wife said “I saw this thing at the gym you might like”. It sounded a bit like a martial art and I had studied martial arts (to black belt level) before so I thought I would check it out.
I fell in love with it straight away because I could see how much more practical it was than traditional martial arts, it was relatively simple to learn and it was also quite fun without all the formal stuff.
All these years later I still enjoy it and am please to have brought Krav Maga to New Zealand for people like you to benefit and enjoy. In a nutshell here’s what you need to know and you can read more below by downloading the guide at the end of the page:
- Krav Maga is fighting system that originated in Israel.
- The founder was called Imi Lechtenfeld (1910-1998)
- Krav Maga literally means “hand-to-hand combat”
- While it is used in the Israeli defence forces, Krav Maga Global tech the civilian system that was developed by Imi when he left the army in the 1970s. This is specifically designed to give you practical effective self defence skills.
- Krav Maga Global is headed by Eyal Yanilov who was a student and close assistant of Imi’s from the age of 14 to Imi’s death.
- Krav Maga is quick to learn because it is developed based on natural body movements and there are common movements / components across different defensive techniques
- Krav Maga works for all people as the techniques do not depend on strength or size. Insted it uses leverage to release holds and counter-attacking is to vulnerable targets on the attacker
- Key differences to martial arts include: strikes to all directions; comprehensive coverage of weapons defences; techniques and tactics to protect others.
Krav Maga Expert Level 2 Instructor
Real Self Defence Skills
Hopefully you will never need to use Krav Maga but you never know when you will need to defend yourself, your property, you friends or your loved ones. However, if you need it you have the skills you need to defend yourself from physical attack, unarmed or armed.
Here’s a quick list of some of the things you will learn:
- How to use strikes (punches, kicks, etc) in combinations to quickly stop an attack
- How to prevent and deescalate trouble without fighting
- Defences against all types of unarmed strikes (punches, kicks, etc)
- Defences against weapon threats (knife, stick, gun)
- Defences against weapon attacks (knife, stick)
- Escapes from any “holds” (chokes, bearhugs, headlocks, full nelson, etc)
- How to defend yourself on the ground vs standing attackers, or an attacker on top of you
- How to defend against multiple attackers
- How to protect others
What You will Learn
- History of Krav Maga
- Objectives of Krav Maga
- The three pillars of Krav Maga
* Techniques and tactics
* Physical conditioning
* Mental conditioning
- Krav Maga for Women
- Started Options